Terms & Conditions
This contract is between (1) From Bump to Baby Limited (“FB2B”) and (2) You, the customer (“you”) and shall be governed by the following terms and conditions of sale (“Conditions”), none of which affect your statutory rights:
- The Services. We provide non-diagnostic scans of your baby. All of our scans are completed by trained and registered medical professionals specialising in fetal ultrasound. They are all registered with the Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC). With your consent, we will carry out a fetal ultrasound scan of your baby. The primary purpose of the scan is to check the well-being of the fetus. Your scan will check the size of your baby, check for multiple fetuses , show the position of the fetus and the placenta. Our scans are self-elective non-diagnostic scans. We do not screen for or diagnose abnormalities. However, if anything unusual is noticed we will explain our findings based on the basic observation. As we are a non-diagnostic clinic, in these circumstances we will refer you to your NHS care provider. It is your responsibility to ensure that you then consult with your NHS care provider. You understand and accept that we do not provide medical advice.
- Medical history. You understand and accept that we do not have your medical history and as a non-diagnostic clinic cannot provide medical advice. You understand that the Report completed is a brief overview of your pregnancy and is not a replacement for your NHS scans. It is therefore imperative that you access all antenatal services made available to you by the NHS as the identification of abnormalities is their primary aim and intent.
- Method. We aim to complete your scan abdominally but if you have ordered an early scan (6 weeks to 10 weeks) we may need to undertake an internal (Trans Vaginal) scan. Your sonographer will discuss this with you beforehand. We will ensure dignity and we provide a female chaperone in all of our scans. You can decline an internal scan however if you do, you accept that we may not be able to provide you with conclusive information.
- Modification. We reserve the right to modify or improve our service without prior notice.
- Photography & recording. We do not allow any personal photography to be carried out in our clinics.
- Age. You must be an adult (18 years old or over)
- Right to make changes. If you wish to make a change to the services or products you have ordered, please contact us. We will let you know whether the change is possible.
- Prices. Our prices will be set out in our price list. We accept payment by cash, debit or credit card.
- How we accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when you make a payment of the deposit of £20.00. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and we will not charge you. This might be because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan.
- Information we require in order to provide the services. We will need certain information from you in order to provide the services (for example, hospital notes and pregnancy history). If you do not provide us with this information or provide incorrect or incomplete information we may either end the contract or charge you a reasonable sum for the additional work undertaken to obtain the correct information. We will not be responsible for any delays in supplying the services if you do not provide the information.
- Cancellation of the services by you. You can always end the contract for the supply of services before you have received the services, but you may not be entitled to refund if you cancel and we have already carried out the services. You will not be entitled to a refund of your £20 deposit if cancelled within 48 hours of your appointment time.
- Cancellation of the services by us. We may suspend or cancel the services if you do not pay us when you are supposed to or provide us with the information needed to carry out the services. We will refund you any money you have paid in advance if we have not provided the services but may deduct reasonable costs we incur as a result.
- What you will receive following the scan. You will receive a scan report (“Report”) depending on which scan you have purchased.
- Ownership of the product. We retain copyright of any images that we take. Ownership of the Report shall belong to you once we receive payment in full for the services.
- What we cannot guarantee. We undertake to provide you with the best images possible but you understand that your baby’s position during the scan is outside our control. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your appointment will run on time. In relation to gender scans, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the gender identification. We will undertake to do our best to identify the sex of your baby. We accept no liability for any incorrect indication of your baby’s gender.
- Our Liability to You. We shall not be responsible or liable for any injury, loss or damage to personal belongings whilst you are in our premises. We are only liable for our failure to comply with these Conditions and accept responsibility for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable or not caused by us breaking the contract. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew that it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the consultation. We are not liable for any business losses as we only provide the services for domestic and private use. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
- FB2B owns the intellectual property used in the promotion of our services, manages and maintains the website and booking system. FB2B is the data controller Unless you tell FB2B otherwise, you agree to receive emails about special offers and products from FB2B. A copy of our Data Retention Policy is available on request
- Delays outside our control. If we have to delay or amend the date or time of your appointment due to an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. This may be as a result of any technical issues, changes in law or regulatory requirements. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event. If there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any services you have paid for but not received.
- How we use your data. We will use the personal information you provide to us to supply the services to you, process payment for the services and for the purpose of identification within this organisation and it will not be disclosed to any external sources without your express written consent. We will only give your personal information to third parties where we are required to do so by law. We will retain copies of your scan for 30 days in order to rectify any issues you may have following the scan.
- Enforceability. If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Conditions operates separately.
Summary of your legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
Your rights under the Consumer Rights Act
You can ask us to repeat or fix a service if it’s not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or get some money back if we can’t fix it. If your product is goods (i.e. a picture), the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or complaints about the services, please contact us on the day of your appointment. We will do our best to resolve or rectify any issues you have.
Jurisdiction and governing law
These Conditions are governed by Northern Irish law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the Northern Irish courts.
Are your Sonographers qualified?
Yes, all of our Sonographers are fully qualified medical professionals with extensive ultrasound experience. Most also work locally in NHS maternity units.
All our Sonographers are registered with the Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
What should I do when I arrive for my appointment?
Please arrive 10mins before your scan appointment to fill out the relevant paperwork. Once the paperwork is complete we will take the remainder of your payment before your scan.
Take a few minutes to relax in our waiting area before being met and taken into the scan room by your Sonographer.
What if you can’t get the relevant information or pictures during my scan?
We will always take time to try and ensure your scan is completed as planned and all relevant information is gathered.
If we are unable to do so or unable to get you the best pictures we can of your baby a free re-scan is available to book.
Does this mean I don't have to go to my NHS scans?
No, you must still attend the 13 week and 20 week NHS scans. Our scans compliment these scan but definitely do not replace them.
What if something wrong shows up in my scan?
If something unexpected shows during your scan we will offer clear advice on what to do next.
Please know that although this happens very rarely, we have steps in place to offer you support and guidance and give you the time to process in a private area away from the scan room.
We are a non-diagnostic clinic so we will refer you to your NHS maternity unit if necessary.
Is there an upper body weight limit for preforming a scan?
There is no exact limit however image quality is reduced by increased BMI. Our sonographers will endeavor to get you the best images and results. If we can’t do this on the day of your scan one free re-scan will be offered.
How many people can attend my scan?
In order to maintain a safe and professional environment, we ask that no more than 5 people attend a scan. This gives plenty of space for excited grandparents/brothers/sisters/family or even friends an opportunity to share in your most special moments of seeing your baby on screen.
What if I am late for my scan?
If you are late we will endeavor to fit you in, however, in busy times we, unfortunately, may not be able to take you on that day. An alternative date will be offered. If this isn’t suitable your £20 deposit will be non-refundable.